How to watch free TV on cellphone
Cellphones no longer remain simple electronic devices used just for making calls. Now something even bigger is happening to the rapidly changing phone world, TV can now be watched on your phone. Mobile television keeps you informed and entertained when camping, traveling or just relaxing somewhere away from home. The advancements in technology permit subscribers to view streaming television on their cellular phones while out in public. In the past few years, the demand for the mobile digital television has increased considerably. To meet this ever increasing demand, various television stations have now started to offer live free video feeds. All that is required for watching free TV on cellphone is fast internet connection as substantial data transfer takes place in streaming of videos. You can also use the Wi-Fi connectivity feature of cellphones which allows the user to connect to the internet through a wireless router. Just follow the instructions given below for watching TV on your cellphone.
Complexity level: Moderate
Time required: 10-15 minutes
- Cellphones with streaming video capability
- Working internet connection
1. Look for the Wi-Fi connectivity
- First of all, you need to find out whether your cellphone supports Wi-Fi connectivity or not. You can find out this by referring the user manual of your cellphone.
- If you do not have an access to the manual then you can also find this information in the settings or the menu option of your cellphone. Your cellphone service provider can also help you out in to find out various features of your cellphone including Wi-Fi connectivity.
- The main advantage of this sort of connection is that you can bypass the wireless network of your internet service provider if your cellphone supports Wi-Fi connectivity.
2. Establish the connection with the router
- Then you have to establish a connection with the wireless router. Just open the browser of your cellphone like Safari or Mini Opera. The browser will automatically detect the presence of the network of all the wireless routers.
- You will be prompted to establish a connection with the wireless router. Sometimes establishing a connection will even require a password to be entered.
- If it is your home network then you will definitely know the password. However, If someone else owns the router, then ask him the password. Once you have entered the password, you can browse the internet.
- In many places like airport, you can establish connection without entering the password. But, you must agree with their policy of usage.
3. Find out the website of the channel
Next, you need to find out the address of the website of your favorite channel. Just Google the name of the channel and you will get more than what you have ever expected.
4. Navigate to the website of the channel
- Open the browser of your cellphone and enter the web address of the channel you want to watch on your cellphone.
- These websites offer complete episodes of their shows for viewing online. In fact, you can also watch your favorite TV programs anytime according to your convenience without even recording it.
Frequently asked questions:
What are the major problems that one may face while watching TV on mobile?
There are few problems involved for the viewer as well as the provider. These problems can be broadly classified as:
1. Viewing: This is one of the major problems that viewer face while watching TV on cellphone. The screen of the mobile is very small as compared to the traditional TV which makes viewing very difficult. Because of this many users who subscribe to mobile video don’t use them.
2. Expense: In addition to the monthly phone charges, the viewers also have to pay for the subscription of mobile TV.
3. Legal Rights: For broadcasting TV shows, the wireless service provider must have legal rights and special equipment. Access to watching you favorite show may be denied if your service provider is not in possession of the legal rights, despite of the fact that he has all the technology to stream a TV show.
- This service is not available in certain places. Therefore, its always better to be sure about the availability of this service in your area before you have any useless subscription in your hands.
- You may even have to download the latest version of adobe flash player for watching clips.
Things to watch out for:
- Keep in mind the fact that you’ll have to pay for the subscription for streaming videos which is different from your monthly cellphone charges.
- The information which you send or receive can be intercepted and viewed by others if you are using a public network.